Ball Handling Drills: Off Hand Dribbling with Jordan Lawley
by Nick Bartlett, on Jan 23, 2021 10:00:00 AM
Our partner and NBA skills trainer, Jordan Lawley breaks down a great ball handling drill called Off Hand Dribbling. This drill focuses on players' off hand movements while they are dribbling. Off hand movement helps players control their defenders through additional contact which creates more separation. Check out the full breakdown below!
Off Hand Dribbling
- The drill starts with players in a wide drop stance.
- Next, players will dribble and get the ball up to their hip, pulling it into their hip pocket.
- Players then simulate off hand movement into four quadrants.
- The four quadrants are upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right.
- As players pull their ball into their hip their off hand will move to different quadrants.
- Players will complete this drill after both their right and left hand have simulated the off hand movements.
While we sell basketball shooting machines at Dr. Dish and place an emphasis on shooting drills, we are dedicated to helping build complete players through many different drills such as ball handling!