Basketball Drills: 180 Reaction Series with Shane Hennen
by Adam Kaul, on Apr 29, 2023 12:00:00 PM
Dr. Dish elite skills trainer Shane Hennen demonstrates another great drill to simulate in-game reaction time. Check out the video below for a full breakdown!
180 Reaction Series with Shane Hennen
In this 180 reaction series players will have to act quickly and stay locked in. Starting with your back turned to the basket, players will receive a pass and will work on catching the basketball into a move to shake the defender. This drill is great for working on shooting, dribbling and footwork all while keeping the pace up for a more in-game feel.
- Players will position themselves away from the basketball, completing a 180 turn to catch the ball as the pass is thrown.
- Once the player catches the ball, they will take 3 shots at each spot.
- 1. Catch and Shoot
- 2. Catch, Rip, One Dribble Pull Up
- 3. Catch, Jab, One Dribble
- Pull Up This series is repeated 3 times for a total of 9 shots.
- As Shane says, the goal is to make all 9 shots, so push yourself and try to drain all 9! 🎯
For more drills featuring NBA trainer Shane Hennen checkout his full playlist.