Basketball Drills: Ball Screen Offensive Drill with Coach Tony Miller
by Tony Miller, on Apr 17, 2023 6:51:49 AM
In this Dr. Dish drill of the week, Coach Tony Miller demonstrates a great offensive drill for players to work on ball screen action. Check out the full breakdown in the video below!
Because ball screen offense is such a big part of the modern game, I like to incorporate ball screen scenarios into my small group workouts. Instead of on-air reps, add a defender to move the drill closer to a game-like scenario.
Ball Screen Drill
- Offense starts on the wing with a screener on the elbow
- Defense starts a step beside the offensive player on the wing
- On the Dish’s pass out to the wing, the screener moves towards the wing to set the screen
- The ballhandler uses the screen to get into the lane while the defender chases over the top of the screen to put pressure on the ballhandler
- Finish with a jumper or a floater in the lane.
Want more from Coach Tony Miller? Check out his podcast, A Quick Timeout as well as his twitter/social media account @tonywmiller. We're so grateful to have him on our Dr. Dish team! Check out his other Dr. Dish Basketball Drills here.