Basketball Drills: Stunt and Space Shooting with Coach Tony Miller
by Tony Miller, on May 6, 2021 8:41:30 AM
In this Dr. Dish Drill of the week from Coach Tony Miller, he breaks down a great drill called Stunt and Space Shooting to work on shooting against a live defender. Be sure to check out the full breakdown below!
Our players love any drill utilizing the Dr. Dish shooting machine, but as a coach, I especially like the drills that incorporate shooting against a live defender.
Stunt & Space Shooting
- For this drill, you’ll have two players on offense and one defender.
- Player 1 begins on the wing, while Player 2 begins at the top of the key (Feel free to move locations based on positioning within your offense).
- The Dish passes out to Player 1. On the catch, Player 1 drive at the defender (x1).
- When x1 stunts at the ball to stop the drive, Player 2 spaces to the corner in order to create a long closeout for x1.
- Player 2 shoots upon receiving the ball
Want more from Coach Tony Miller? Check out his podcast, A Quick Timeout as well as his twitter/social media account @tonywmiller. We're so grateful to have him on our Dr. Dish team! Check out his other Dr. Dish Basketball Drills here.