Form and 3 PT Shooting Progressions with Coach Pierre Parker
by William Schultz, on Sep 7, 2022 11:30:00 AM
FIBA certified Coach Pierre Parker demonstrates two great drills for players to work on their form and 3 point shot. He's had experience in the evolution of some of the best French prospects who have recently arrived to the NBA, helping them to reach the highest level. Watch the full breakdowns in the videos below!
Form Shooting Progression
- In the first drill, players will shoot one handed with the goal of 5 makes from 5 different spots: corner, 45, middle, opposite 45, and opposite corner.
- In the next drill, players will still shoot one handed adding in their guide hand. Players will shoot from the same 5 spots with the goal of making 5 shots at each spot.
- For the third and final drill, players will work on stepping into their shot and finishing with proper form. Players will also shoot with a goal of 5 makes at the 5 different spots.
3 Point Shooting warmup
- Option 1: Make 20/25 3’s from 5 spots. The corner, wing, top of the key, opposite wing, and opposite corner
- Option 2: Make 30/35 3's from 7 spots. The corner, wing, elbow, top of the key, opposite elbow, opposite wing, and opposite corner
For more drills like this, check out our YouTube Channel featuring more FIBA certified coaches like Moris Hadzija, FIBA 3x3 Supervisor Jaume Comas, Jesus Lazaro and more!