Team Shooting Drills: UW-Milwaukee Pick & Pop Shooting
by Nick Bartlett, on Aug 26, 2020 12:00:44 PM
Head Coach Kyle Rechlicz of UW-Milwaukee breaks down a great team shooting drill to get a lot of shots up off a high ball screen. Coach Rechlicz implements the pick and pop shooting drill with her program using the Dr. Dish CT machine.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Pick & Pop Shooting
- Starts with two lines: a guard line and a post line out of the slot.
- The Dr. Dish is set facing the guard line on a 2-second tempo.
- Coach Rechlicz emphasizes a step in, and step up screen action in order to create more space away from the defender, allowing the guard to attack downhill into the lane.
- As the guard attacks the lane and shoots, the post player pops open for a second shot from the dish at the 3-point line.
- A third pass goes to the guard line and the post player steps up for a screen and slips out.
This basketball shooting drill allows for guards to get one dribble pull-ups off of ball screens towards the middle of the lane and towards the baseline. It also allows post players to work on two different pop foot works, all while getting up lots of reps!
Check out our basketball resources page for more basketball drills, workouts, and videos.