Top 10 Favorite Playoff Quotes to Inspire Your Team
by Emily Stiemsma, on Mar 11, 2019 11:22:31 AM
Heading into playoffs or wishing you were? We gathered our favorite playoff quotes from some of the best athletes in the world to keep your team on point and motivated.
Use these in practice and in the locker room to get your players inspired and ready to seize the moment.
Here's a great video created by InVideo that recaps all of the quotes!
(This video is made using InVideo)
1. “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” - Kobe Bryant
2. "You know that in the playoffs, everyone starts from zero. No matter what team you have to face, if you want to make it, you have to get through two rounds against very good teams that are going to be hot." - Jose Altuve
3. "Playing in the playoffs is the best basketball in the world, and if you can learn under that pressure, succeed under that pressure, it gives you more confidence the next year." - Tony Parker
4. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'” - Muhammad Ali
5. "In the playoffs, it's win or go home. You might not have a chance to look back at a game and say, 'Man, we didn't box out here.'" - Scottie Pippen
6. “For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.” - Emmit Smith
7. "Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period." - Lou Holtz
8. "The Process is never going to end. It's an ongoing thing. I don't think it's ever going to stop. As I have explained before, it's a process for making it to the playoffs, it's another one to make the conference finals, another one to actually go to The Finals and win the championship." - Joel Embiid
9. "Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds." - Larry Bird
10. "It's not how you start the season, it's how you finish. If you wind up helping the team make the playoffs, that's what you play for. You don't play to put up your numbers, but to try to get a chance to make it to the World Series." - Albert Pujols
For more info on Dr. Dish basketball shooting machines, click here: https://www.drdishbasketball.com/
Follow us on social media for daily basketball drills, tips, and inspiration!