2021 Year In Review: Airborne Athletics
by Doug Campbell, on Dec 30, 2021 1:30:00 PM
2021 was a year for the books, it included incredible growth, milestones, and each day brought new opportunities and challenges for us. We hope that Airborne Athletics has been able to play a meaningful role in your life and served as a source of positivity and inspiration.
Internally, we rallied together to make this the “Year of Motivation”. Our goal was to motivate athletes around the world to get out and do everything in their power to, "Be Better Every Day."
At Dr. Dish Basketball, we launched multiple free resources to back this up, like our Virtual Basketball Camp, Championship Guide, and Endless Motivation resources. Despite facing some roadblocks, I am proud of our team and how we grew the game of basketball at all levels.
In 2021 we have a lot to be proud of, we:
- Published 100’s of new workouts to our training library, brought to you by Kyle Travis, Lindsay Whalen, Joe Abunassar, Jordan Lawley, Ryan Razooky, and countless others.
- Brought you over 200 blog posts packed with free educational content, tips, and resources
- Found more ways to give back, and continued our partnerships with Special Olympics and Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Officially partnered with the National Wheelchair Basketball Association to provideaccessible training for athletes across the country
- Expanded our partnership with FIBA and distributed great training content all over the world
- Welcomed D1 and NBA Players and Coaches Tim Duncan, George “the Iceman” Gervin, Byron Scott, Kendrick Perkins, Rip Hamilton, Cam Johnson, and more to the Dr. Dish Family
- Witnessed a WNBA Finals matchup between two Superstars who train with Dr. Dish, Skylar-Diggins Smith and Allie Quigley
- Released a new offering for Facility owners, a model designed to bring your basketball business dreams to life
- Supported college athletes in their new NIL endeavors, and secured our first athlete, University of Kentucky PG TyTy Washington
We have also watched our newest division of Airborne, FlipSled, make a splash in the training industry after just two years in the market:
- Utilized in elite fitness competitions like Wodapalooza and the Tactical Games
- Become a training staple for some of the best collegiate football programs like Michigan, Georgia, Notre Dame and Indiana
- Embraced by the US Military, Police and Fire departments
- Teamed with 5x CrossFit Games Elite Athlete, Jacob Heppner; former Ohio State Strength Coach, Eric Lichter; and 20+ Year NFL Combine Trainer, Bill Welle, to bring you the best training content
We are so grateful for all of the supporters of the FlipSled growth, the excitement has been incredible and this is just the beginning.
On behalf of our whole team at Airborne Athletics, we want to say thank you for your continued support of Dr. Dish, The Finisher FlipSled, and AirCAT Volleyball.
Every day, we are humbled to see the part we play in team and individual success. Our community continues to inspire all that we do. Together, we are #BetterEveryday.
Founder and CEO, Airborne Athletics & Dr. Dish Basketball